One of our most challenging and rewarding opportunities in philanthropy is to educate and inspire our faculty and physician partners to see the facts about fundraising, and then to welcome those partners more fully into this irreplaceable work. If you’d like to ensure that your faculty, physicians and other colleagues are prepared to be full partners in the philosophy and practicalities of fundraising, KDD Philanthropy’s unique approach to training may be the right fit for your institution. Our focus on providing hands-on, real-world scenarios allows our partners to gain true insight and appreciation for fundraising, and their role in it.
Training for Advancement and Philanthropy Staff
Faculty/physician partnerships are instrumental to the success of advancement shops. Does every member of your team have the skills and strategy to build productive relationships with these allies?
With our Partnering with Faculty/Physicians training (a train the trainer for advancement staff), we first work with you to develop your larger programmatic goals, and then work with your staff to develop their knowledge and ability to:
- Guide these partners through the philanthropic initiative creation process
- Represent institutional expectations, policies and priorities to faculty/physicians while simultaneously securing their participation in fundraising
- Invite partners to collaborate on case for supports materials in meaningful ways
- Successfully integrate these colleagues in prospect relationships
- Engage faculty/physicians as champions for philanthropy and productive partners for development
With KDD Philanthropy’s signature blend of theory and exercises, your team will leave this session with ready-to-implement skills and tools that will allow them to be more effective with fundraising partners.
Training for Faculty and Physician Partners
Faculty and physicians are some of the most effective allies we can have as advancement professionals. However, many of these natural partners are hesitant about fundraising, have learned inconsistent techniques from transitioning staff or simply wish to “go it alone” without involving the advancement team.
When KDD Philanthropy brings our Faculty/Physician training to your institution, we work directly with your faculty or physician colleagues to develop the tools and context that allow them to become impactful partners. We conduct a needs assessment for your faculty or physicians, and then deliver effective training and confidence building exercises to this audience. Faculty/physicians will leave this session with:
- An understanding of their role in the philanthropic process
- A better understanding of fundraising truths (versus myths or folklore)
- Tools they can use to interact with prospects throughout the donor cycle
- Context for understanding the role of advancement staff and working effectively together
- Alignment of faculty needs with institutional priorities
- Skills for participating in building a vision, goals and case for support
- Other goals as defined
Through this engaging, interactive session, your most impactful institutional partners will deepen their appreciation, understanding and tool kit for participating in your philanthropic efforts.
Interested in learning more about how faculty/physician training can help your organization? Let’s have a conversation!