Fundraising Essentials Virtual Bootcamp 2.0
March 19 and March 21, 2024
10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. EST
November 6 – 7, 2024
10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. EST
KDD Philanthropy is excited to announce Fundraising Essentials Virtual Bootcamp 2.0! This new, two-day step-up program is perfect for advancement professionals looking to expand their style and build upon tools that support career progression. And it’s an excellent opportunity for leaders building a high-performing culture to attend with teams to utilize exercises and discussion tools that support our best work.
Bootcamp 2.0 builds participants’ approach to fundraising while delving into the skills that are essential in our field but rarely discussed in traditional training. Topics include:
- Portfolio Diversification and Optimization
- Taking the Five-Meeting Model to Build Additional Focus and Rigor in Your Relational Approach
- Strategy Speed Dating(a Highly Interactive Way to Grow Your Strategy Toolbox)
- Story Listeningand the Use of Role Modeling
- Traits of high performing gift officers
- And more!
Past Bootcamp participants share that this training grows and strengthens their individual skillsets, while discussions with participating gift officers from other institutions expand style and strategy approach.
Whether you’re aiming to grow in your career or you’re a leader building team culture and skills, Bootcamp 2.0 provides actionable, effective tools to support you in your goals. And with more and more advancement staff identifying professional development as necessary to retention, Bootcamp 2.0 is the perfect opportunity to reinvigorate teams around the work we do.
This two-day training is the deep-dive that every gift officer needs to take their skills to the next level and expand their approach. We will discuss critical topics of fundraising today, including ethics and better ways to engage women donors. In addition, conversation and exercises that support portfolio diversification, donor service recovery and building a gratitude continuum that supports true donor relationships are included in this interactive curriculum. And one of our KDD Philanthropy signature sessions, Strategy Speed Dating, will be offered for the first time in a Boot Camp environment. We will wrap up Boot Camp 2.0 by exploring traits of high performing gift officers and tools for strengthening those traits in each of us.
The Fundraising Essentials Bootcamp is a LIVE event (no recordings). Full participation in the Fundraising Essentials Virtual Bootcamp is applicable for 13.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Agenda: Day One
- Welcome, Introductions & Desired Outcomes
- NewApproaches to Portfolio Optimization: Building Science into Your Art to Create Portfolio Alchemy
- Increasing Engagement with Women to Fuel Your Approach to Philanthropy
- StoryListening and the Use of Role Modeling to Strengthen Cultivation and the Invitation/Ask
Agenda: Day Two
- A Practical Approach to Ethics in Fundraising
- Utilizing the Five-Meeting Model to Strengthen the Relational Approach
- StrategySpeed Dating
- Stewardship and Donor Recovery
- A Better Approach to Donor Experience and the Gratitude Continuum
- Building Competencies
- Bootcamp Commitments and Wrap Up
Investment: $995 per individual (tiered registration pricing available for organizations registering 4+ individuals)
The Fundraising Essentials Virtual Bootcamp will take place on Zoom. Links to the Zoom sessions will be sent prior to the bootcamp.